Dual Matrix [ Retinol + DNA ] Repair
Dual Matrix [Retinol + DNA], a skin refining treatment, is a breakthrough power blend of Retinol+ DNA repair technology that delivers visible youth-enhancing results and improved overall appearance. All with replenishing moisturizers and zero irritation.
- Targets and exfoliates visible trouble spots caused by photo aging and hormonally induced acne
- Reduces the visible signs of photo damage and other known environmental damage with DNA repair enzymes
Widely studied and well documented, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate has been shown to significantly boost cell turnover by exfoliating dead skin cells.
All skin types; to include
- Aging skin
- Hormonal acne-prone skin
The information presented in the article discusses DNA Repair Enzymes and their positive effects on photodamaged skin cells. It is provided for your information and education.
STUDY OBJECTIVE To establish the role of DNA Repair Enzymes in preventing the development of skin cancer and decelerating the process of photoaging.
STUDY DESIGN The incidence of skin cancer continues to increase annually despite preventative measures. The ones, such as sunscreens and topical antioxidants have not shown to be effective in blocking the effects of UV radiation based on these statistics. This study is designed to show more effective measures.
STUDY SIGNIFICANCE This article presents the novel use of topically applied DNA repair enzymes and advocates their role in combating photocarcinogenis (UV-caused skin cancer) and photoaging. Strong evidence supports the topical application of these enzymes to supplement the body’s natural DNA repair mechanisms that would otherwise remove only roughly half of the damage incurred daily.
RESULTS & CONCLUSIONS The authors conclude that liposome encapsulated DNA Repair Enzymes are an innovative and promising means of preventing the development of skin cancer and decelerating the process of photoaging. Additionally, they present strong evidence that
- the enzymes (Photolyase and Endonuclease) are key players in prevention and the reversal of photodamage
- the use of topically applied DNA photolyase presents a unique way to supplement natural mechanisms and improve their efficacy
- when the endonuclease enzyme is encapsulated in liposomes, it recognizes areas of DNA damage, excises those areas and synthesizes a new strand with the insertion of correct base pair
- application and repair of photoproducts results in upregulation of the cell’s normal immune functions
- the repair of DNA damage is hastened
- the enzymes reduce expression of stress responses
Pharma Cosmetics does not have any financial interest in the attached article